11/23/07

why i hate the ttc

so i make the decision to not ride my bike in the cold this morning.
i guess i shouldn't have jinxed it by adding "man, i hate the ttc"
i walk out the door and think "hmmm, it's really not as cold as the -15 they were claiming, i should totally go back upstairs and get my bike"

but at this point i'm already committed. so i continue to walk to the subway.
i put my ticket, worth $2.75, into the money thing.
i run down the stairs, and there is the train, packed, with the doors wide open.
"attention passengers, we are currently experiencing a delay on our bloor-danforth line due to an incident at track level at our jane station"
dammit. a jumper at jane and instead of diverting service somewhere and getting the show on the road, we're at a standstill with constant annoying updates while i'm left cursing myself for wussing out of riding my bike in between hot and cranky people sighing and huffing.
my alternative is to leave immediately and go back to get my bike, but at this point i've resigned myself to paying $2.75 for being late for class.
when we finally begin to move, the train is so full that the transfer at yonge has line ups to the train and i wait with thousands of impatient and shoving people for 3 trains to go by before i can get down to dundas.
fuck. i hate the ttc.

~
music to my ears: The Weakerthans - Virtute the cat explains her departure
(saddest song in the world - m.)

No comments: