6/4/09

back to reality: time lapse

stories from Turkey were temporarily on hiatus while i put in my last ditch effort to study for the CRNE.
and now it's done.
and no amount of studying could have helped me with those vague questions and ambiguous answers.
which is what i was expecting.
but still.
this isn't school anymore.
this is real life.
it's not comforting to come out of an 7.5 hr exam (yes, it's a full day with an hour break for lunch), which my RN license depends on, feeling like it was questionable, at best.
although it is somewhat comforting when your uber smart friends all feel the same.
the questions were a mix of common sense and nonsense. i thought so, anyway.
there were questions where all 4 answer options were right...but which one is the most right?
and then there were the ones where i crossed them all off and thought "well, it's gotta be one of them, right?"
yikes.
but it's done now. nothing i can do but wait for the results in 6 weeks time.
if i pass, i scream and yell and jump up and down for joy, and continue working at SMH.
if i fail, i cry a little inside (lose my new job), pack my bags, and move...somewhere i don't have to show my face.
and probably try again next time...just start somewhere else.

now back to regularly scheduled (fun!) programming....

~
Music to my ears: Tortoise - Beacons of Ancestorship

No comments: