1/13/09

a return to the old...with a new me?

often when i'm standing in front of the sink washing dishes my mind wanders.
i don't know if it's the soothing feel of bubbles, or running water, but it's the only place where when my mind wanders it doesn't automatically wander to thoughts of school and stress and job stuff. it wanders to random thoughts, plucked from somewhere deep within my hippocampus...with some frontal lobe grey matter thrown in to add some emotion to the mix.

today i started to wonder if, as we get older, our parents know less and less about us.
okay, i was wondering about my mother is specifically.
i have not lived with my parents in about a decade or slightly more and i think of how much i feel i have changed during my tumultuous 20s (which is how, when i look back, i will forever fondly remember them as...has a nice ring to it, with a certain truthfulness...)

i mean, i talk to my mother almost on a daily basis, but often i think she's not listening to me...pre-occupied with some other task or thought...i often use the good ol' alien-baby-arm-fell-off trick--and surprisingly, it often works. so maybe she just hasn't been listening to me...i mean, really listening.

but then i think maybe my core hasn't changed so much...and so what if she's not interested in my recent endeavours? i'm just being a child--she's probably one of the only ones (along with my sis) who really knows me...just me.

~
Music to my ears: Baroness - red album

No comments: