3/30/08

#20 burns in my mouth and my fingers smell like garlic

i missed out on homemade blueberry pie yesterday. damn detox.
i'm surprised at my willpower.
while everyone ate moroccan chicken and spiral honey ham, i ate salad and asparagus.
that's fine since i don't eat chicken or ham anyway.
a bottle of white wine was cracked and i smiled because i prefer red.
while everyone ate freshly baked cinnamon buns, my mouth watered and i looked away.
the blueberry pie, with its flaky crust, oh man, that flaky crust looked good...jon offered to eat some and then breathe on me. i laughed and declined.
but the coffee. oh the coffee. sitting in a house full of true coffee drinkers, a tear came to my eye.
but at least i fit into my jeans.
seems the self-restraint comes easier when there's a valid reason.
i should pretend i'm in detox all the time.

~
Music to my ears: Pointer Sisters - Jump (for my love) (don't laugh. i'm in a shared office and a crappy radio station is on)
Food for thought: still reading Milan Kundera, who is slowly becoming my new favourite author. right up there with Paul Auster.


No comments: